Shakeology

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Disney Fitness recap


I survived Disney AND I lost a pound while I was there!! I'll be honest, I broke some of my rules and didn't do one workout video. Can you imagine how much I would have lost if I did? But I digress, I still feel pretty good about what I did accomplish. Basically, I wore my bodybugg the entire time we were there so I was able to monitor how many calories I was burning. I did make it to the hotel gym twice for some time on the treadmill, but based on my bodybugg readings, I was burning tons of calories just walking around the parks. It helps that I always volunteered to run to the other end of the park to grab a fast pass for a wanted ride. I also turned down most of the desserts, or opted for the fruit. I did have some yummy birthday cake on my grandmother's birthday, and a small sliver the next morning too. :)

I basically discovered that when you're on your feet all day, you burn more calories than when you spend most of your day on the computer with an hour or so of structured exercise. Now that I'm back I'm trying to get myself moving more often. Whether it's short walks with the dog or the kids, or walking lunges when I get up to get something. Keep moving people!

As far as my workout program, I basically moved it back a week. I did my Wednesday workout the day we left, but nothing again till that following Tuesday. So, I just repeated that previous week's workouts and moved everything back a week. That keeps me on a program through the first week of April. Yay! I love being on a program. It's hard to get motivated when I have to think, what workout should I do today? What did I do yesterday?? Especially if you're like me and can barely remember what you had for breakfast that day! If you don't have a workout program, I suggest scheduling your workouts for the week on Sunday (use your FitME pad!). If you're looking for a workout program, check out some of the Beachbody workouts! They come with a calendar and nutrition plan! There's something for every fitness level. Don't know where to start? Ask me!

Now, get up and take a walk. You've been at your computer too long!

image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment