Shakeology

Monday, February 20, 2012

Disney Rules

So, I'm scared to death of what Disney will do to my fitness/weight loss goals. I like to think I have the strength to insist on working out and eating healthy, but who knows what will actually go down. It's especially hard when I have to unknowns in the form of the twins. How hard will it be to get them back to the hotel in the afternoon for rest time? That's when I plan on doing my workouts, so it's crucial we can pull this off. First order of business is to be completely packed before the kids get out of preschool on Tuesday. This way I get to bed early and wake up at 4 am to workout before our flight (we must leave by 7!). I feel like pulling this off will set the tone for the whole trip. Next I've set up some eating rules to hopefully get me through this week:

1) One desert during the trip - my grandmother's birthday cake!
2) One pancake breakfast - otherwise sticking to eggs, oatmeal or Shakeology
3) No fried foods
4) No bread, with the possible exception of one burger, but only one. No biscuits, no toast, no other bread!
5) Pack healthy snacks and eat them unless presented with an even healthier option (fruit?)
6) No candy
7) Write down everything I eat. I never remember to do this at home, but I have a new plan. If it's not handy to write it down, I'm taking a picture with my phone. Of every single thing that goes into my mouth. (Dammit)
8) Carry water with me at all times and drink at least 64 oz a day, more if I workout (which I will).

I don't remember too many Disney World specifics since I haven't been there in forever, but I do have vague memories of sweet shoppe type establishments. Must not be tempted...

So, that's what I've got so far. Any other tips? I know there will be a lot of walking, so I'm hoping that makes up for the inevitable added calories that eating out every meal will bestow upon me.

I'll let you know how this goes and how successful I am at following my own rules. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment