Shakeology

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Intensity Matters... and sorry I've been away!!

This past week has been brutal nutrition-wise, but I've been holding strong with my workouts! Let's just say that spending two days with not much to do, and surrounded by sweets is NOT an ideal situation for weight loss. I've been much better this week, but there's always room for improvement.

One thing that I learned in week 3 of my P90X/TurboFire hybrid is how important intensity is. Basically, the first three weeks follow the same pattern, Sunday - Chest and Back, Monday - Fire 45 EZ, etc. BUT, it wasn't until week 3 that I really became sore with some of the workouts. With Chest and Back, I pushed myself to do an extra couple of pushups. With Legs and Back, I went lower into my lunges and squats. Intensity matters!! I just try to remember that when I think I'm done, I do a few more reps. Try it!!

I am very excited that this week is more cardio intensive with HIIT workouts and everything! I love the Turbo Fire HIIT workouts since they're really high intensity and, honestly, shorter than the P90X workouts. I know!! I don't want to sound lazy or anything but the P90X workouts are about an hour, then you do ~12 minutes of abs! I was NOT getting enough sleep! Today with HIIT, Stretch and Abs-- 45 minutes total! And I did the Abs after lunch!

My goals for the remainder of this week (that yes, is almost over) are to eat no refined sugar, no snacks after 7pm, stick to my workout plan, and get to 12,000 steps per day (only 464 more today!!) I might add in 20 push ups per day. I did them yesterday. Hmmm, there's still time today. Okay, gotta go!! Push up time!

No comments:

Post a Comment