Shakeology

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

catching up


Today is Week 2, Day 3 of my P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid. I'm still struggling with my diet, but given that today is a work day, I'm hoping to get it back in gear. Worst case scenario is me eating great the 3 days a week my kids are at preschool, and doing my best the other 4 days. I need to get better than that, but it's a start.

I tried to behave in Bryan on Saturday, but pretty much failed miserably. My kids devoured their cupcakes, which meant no leftovers. I swear, they normally don't eat them all! So yes, I had a whole cupcake. And two small cookies from my grandmother's cookie jar. I resisted them most of the day, but broke down in the end. There was also pizza for dinner, one cheese slice and one meat lovers slice. I probably should have stuck to the cheese, but at least the meat filled me up so there was no third piece. Silver lining?? I also have seriously slacked on my food diary, but I'm fixing that today. I am not good about writing stuff down when the kids are home with. It just gets a little crazy!

I also have not been drinking enough water. Tsk! Tsk! This is a huge deal for me since a lack of water will trigger a Meniere's attack. I loathe my Meniere's disease. Perhaps on a later date I'll write more about it, but I'll just say that's it's cost me most of my hearing (left ear gone, right ear with a hearing aide) and all of my sanity! (Okay, a little exaggeration there). Basically, an episode will cause me to be dizzy for up to days at a time. Not dizzy spells, but straight dizzy to where I can't look at a computer screen, watch TV, read a book, or even drive. I basically just sleep or try to play with my kids if they're home and awake. Oh, and the dizziness often causes motion sickness, and in extreme circumstance, vomiting. So yeah, Meniere's can kiss my tush.

But I digress, let's review my workouts! :) Sunday was tricky. Shawn was out of town and I lift weights on our back patio, so I opted to wait till the evening to do P90X rather than being out of ear shot from the kids in the morning. I did take the kids to the Y (yay for Sunday childcare) while I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill. I did my usual 3 min run/3 min walk, then a 10 min walk. I did increase my speed a little and did 3 miles total. After the kids went to bed, I started week 2 of my hybrid with a return to Chest & Back. I struggle with this one because I don't have the strength to do some of the push ups, specifically the diamond push up and the dive bombers. I sort of do my best.

Monday was Turbo Fire 45EZ. Still taking more breaks than I would like, but less than last week. Improvement, right? Unfortunately, the weather turned yucky and drizzly in the afternoon, so no long walks with the kids.

This morning I got back to P90X with Shoulders and Arms. I even upped my weights on some of these! Yay me! Confession: I haven't done Ab Ripper X yet. I've been having trouble waking up in the morning, so I didn't have time. My plan is to do it right before lunch, after I take the dog for a quick walk. Aiming for at least 2 dog walks today, maybe one a little longer than usual.

So, what am I eating today?

Post workout - Results & Recovery formula (~1/2 scoop)
Breakfast - Shakeology, fiber, 2 TB PB2, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 C ice, 1/2 C skim milk, 1/2 water
AM snack - coffee w/sugar free creamer, Cran Bran vitatop
Lunch (planned) - leftover deer chili-like meal, 1/2 avocado
PM snack (planned) - greek yogurt
Dinner (planned) - spaghetti squash w/deer meat pasta sauce

What are you eating??

image from here

1 comment:

  1. Have you found any relief for your menieres with the shakeology? My husband has it and we are desperate for help.

    ReplyDelete