Shakeology

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Days 2 & 3 - getting my tush kicked


First a quick disclaimer: I am a Beachbody coach. So, when I link to the Beachbody site, or the specific workouts I'm doing (or have done), it is my Beachbody site where I do make a commission. But please know that is not my motivation for this blog. This is truly my search for accountability. Believe me, most Beachbody coaches don't gain 15 pounds in one year!!

Now back to my workouts! Yesterday I did Turbo Fire 45 EZ. It's a common joke with turbo people that the EZ workouts are not easy, but dear lord I struggled!! It actually shocked me how hard this workout was for me. BUT, I never quit. I took breaks, but I didn't quit. This workout is kind of a tricky one for me. I love the music. Probably my favorite music in all the Turbo Fire workouts, but I really miss the turbo! I love the way it breaks up the workout, how hard you have to push for that minute, and yes, the break you get to take. So, I just wish this one had a turbo!

Today it was back to P90X. I was really surprised that I wasn't more sore after Chest and Back on Sunday. I think part of the reason is my inability to do a lot of the push-ups so maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough? I'm also adjusting the weights I use and know that I'll be going a little heavier on some of the back moves! Today was shoulders and arms, so lots of bicep curls and triceps (and of course shoulders). I think I'll be sore tomorrow given how dead they feel now!!

Tomorrow is the day I've been... dreading?? Prior to starting this program had done 2 P90X videos, chest & back and Yoga X. Ah, Yoga X. Grand I've only done it once, but it is HARD. I do remember that once you get through the first 30-45 minutes, the rest of it goes by much faster. But that first part is brutal. I just have to make it the poses, I just have to make it to the poses...

So, as I struggle through these next few weeks, getting my tush back in shape, I'll just have to remember that I kick ass!!

image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment