Shakeology

Saturday, January 14, 2012

week 1 wrap-up

I know I'm a little late with the latest update, but I promise I've been sticking to the plan! Since I've been tracking calories I've lost 1.5 pounds! I cannot stress this enough: If you want to lose weight, write down everything you eat. Even if you don't count the calories, just write it down. I was really bad yesterday, and since we're taking a day trip to Bryan to visit family, I'm guessing I won't do well today. BUT, I'll be back on track with counting calories on Sunday!! I also strongly endorse a cheat meal each week. Mine will be today! We're baking pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting at my grandmother's house. I'll try to just stick to eating the twins' leftovers!! Pray for me!

Now for a quick wrap up of the last two days. Day 5 (Thursday) was P90X Legs and Back. My kind of workout!! I love squats/lunges and all that. Probably because my legs are the strongest part of my body, so I feel really powerful!! I did pretty well except those damn one-legged wall sits!! I will improve on those! And it didn't really help that my hamstrings were sore from Yoga X.

Day 6 was Turbo Fire 45 (not the EZ). Again I found myself taking more breaks than I remember in the past. This workout is tough! It's probably the hardest of the non-HIIT workouts, except MAYBE Fire 60. There are 3 turbos!! Great music though! My favorite is the recovery with "Boom! I got yo' boyfriend!" I know with each of these workouts I do I'm getting more fit, but man, the journey is hard! I am extra thankful for doing Stretch 10 at the end of the workout. I was sore from Legs and Back, especially my tush and hips. Stretching is awesome for soreness!

Today is rest day!! And, I'm writing this at breakfast with the kids, so I'm being lazy with links and all that. If you ever want to know more about anything I write, just leave me a comment! Or leave me a comment anyway. They make me happy! :) And now I'm off for my rest day road trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment