Shakeology

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting started!!


After a physically disastrous 2011, I decided to turn the page and get things in gear. See, in 2010 I did amazing. I finally lost the last of my (twin) baby weight, and then some. At one point I was at my lowest weight that I can ever remember. {disclaimer: I'm not sure I ever weighed myself in college} I'm not a big fan of saying what I weigh, but hey we're going balls to the wall, right? If I'm doing this blog for full accountability, then I can't keep secrets. So here goes. My lowest weight was 135. Yes, I'm 5'2" so that's not skinny. But, it was acceptable. I was wearing a size 6 (I even had a size 4 jeans that fit me), and felt pretty confident. Then, it all fell apart. I have a million reasons {excuses} why I gained all that weight back AND MORE. I blame it initially on the fact that we opened a Baskin Robbins. Not that anyone forced the ice cream down my throat, but for the first month or so, the only way to see my husband was to go to the store. You try being there without at least tasting something! What I've learned (through many books and my own experiences) is that the more fat and sugar you eat, the more you want. So, as I was eating ice cream, my other meals were not going well either.

My other big excuse was stress. Let's just say that work was not going well. Anyway, blah blah blah, I gained a lot of weight. Like a lot. Add in there a pulled ab muscle (I'll save that story for later) and the holidays, and well, on New Year's Eve I weighed 150. {again, I'm 5'2" and gained 15 pounds in a year} Ouch. So, I set a goal. Yes, a cliche weight loss goal for 2012. I hate that. I don't want to be that girl. And honestly, I'm not THAT concerned about the number. It's more of a way to give myself a measurable goal. I'm an accountant. So, my goal is 130 by the end of the year, and 140 by April 12th, my birthday. Now, if I don't get to 130, but I'm back in shape, and in my size 6 clothes and feeling great, I'll be ecstatic. And yes, I want to reach half my goal in the next three months. Why? Because today I started a new workout program!! I'm doing a 90 day, P90X/Turbo Fire hybrid!

I've never done P90X, except for a few workouts, but I love Turbo Fire. I'm doing the official Beachbody hybrid rather than some of the ones I found on the Beachbody message boards. I did a ChaLean Extreme/Turbo Fire off the message boards and loved it, but for this one I'm going "official." Partially because they already have really cool worksheets I can download and print, and partially because the message board one I found said Yoga X or Stretch 40. I've done Yoga X and know that it's HARD. I don't want to give myself an out! So I'll see you Wednesday Yoga X!!!

Today was day 1 and I did P90X Chest & Back. Dear lord, my arms were still shaking when I made it to church 3 hours later! Tomorrow is Turbo Fire 45 EZ and I can't wait. I purposely haven't done many Turbo Fire workouts lately so that I wouldn't get burned out on them during the program. They are so much fun that I can't wait to get back to it!

Okay, I know this first post is wordy, but I promise it will get better, and so will this blog. It was a last minute decision to keep me accountable on this program so it may take me a few weeks to get this where I want it to be. Until then, stick with me! Going forward, look to hear about my workouts, how I improve my eating, and what I've learned. Warning: you may have to hear about my kids a little, but mostly how I'm trying to feed them healthy and instill good habits. And if anyone wants to help me with the design for this blog, I'm open to suggestions/tips/whatever!

I am also looking for a hard-core accountability buddy if anyone is interested. Seriously, like someone I can text pictures of everything I eat to. My eating has been atrocious this weekend!! You can send me your food if you want, but it's not required :)

image from here

1 comment:

  1. hmmm...so I will take you up on that...April 12th I want to weigh 140. I weigh the exact same as when I walked into the hospital to deliver Stacey (150). OUCH! That was 6 years ago. I don't like how I look or feel. I too am not so much about the numbers, but how my clothes fit. :)

    ReplyDelete